April 10, 2014
Interesting Things on the Internet: Apr 10th 2014 Edition
- The Search for the Next Platform Fred Wilson on the move into hardware, etc. from the big tech companies. "Mobile is now the last thing. And all of these big tech companies are looking for the next thing to make sure they don’t miss it.. "
- Freedom of Information Requests: A citizen journalists' guide to unlocking Private Finance Initiative (PFI) contracts. Some good pointers on how to hold those in power to account.
- An Investor's Guide to Hardware Startups. A good summary of the different phases, growth and challenges for hardware startups. Not just useful for investors, lots of good stuff in here.
- Meet The Radical Berkeley Artist Whose Company Is Turning Trash Into Electricity. Taking the hacker/maker sensibility to power generation.
- Lecture: Trust and the Fall of Public Relations. The age of the spin doctor is passing (can't come too soon). We should judge and be judged on what we do, not what we say.
This blog post is on the personal blog of Adrian McEwen. If you want to explore the site a bit further, it might be worth having a look at the most recent entries or look through the archives or categories over on the left.
If you want to hire my company to help you with the Internet of Things then get in touch. If you want to learn more about the Internet of Things, then buy my book Designing the Internet of Things (amazon.co.uk amazon.com).