April 14, 2014
Interesting Things on the Internet: Apr 14th 2014 Edition
- Can press freedom exist at all in a corporate world? Rather dense and heavy-going, but a good reminder of the water that we swim in, and that even things like companies are a construct that society has invented, and so could be replaced with something better.
- The 7 habits of successful women An excellent article from Leila Johnston.
- The Next 5 Years for Drones. A good exploration of the sorts of things drones are likely to be up to (or capable of) in the near future. Helped me realise that while there's lots of good stuff that could come out of the technology, there's also a danger of it just helping to concentrate power in those who already hold it.
- HiFi-/design-/Dieter Rams-porn - Braun SK55.
- Five Reasons Not to Raise Venture Capital. Number 4 (and to some extent number 3) is the main reason MCQN Ltd hasn't looked to raise VC.
- Capitalism isn't working.
- Design tutorials: the basics. Matt Ward takes a detailed look at part of how he teaches design.
- The price of everything and the value of nothing...
This blog post is on the personal blog of Adrian McEwen. If you want to explore the site a bit further, it might be worth having a look at the most recent entries or look through the archives or categories over on the left.
If you want to hire my company to help you with the Internet of Things then get in touch. If you want to learn more about the Internet of Things, then buy my book Designing the Internet of Things (amazon.co.uk amazon.com).