April 22, 2014
Interesting Things on the Internet: Apr 22nd 2014 Edition
Posted by Adrian at April 22, 2014 08:15 PM
- Years of Living Dangerously. I must admit, I'd watched the Years of Living Dangerously documentary the other day, but was rather underwhelmed by it. Maybe that's because I've joined Francis and gone all Dark Mountain on it. I'm not sure. However, Robert Llewellyn does a good job of reminding me that there's another option.
- Shell Shorts. A lovely look at the manufacturing process behind the Eames Shell chair
- Michael Bloomberg: You can’t teach a coal miner to code. This is a point that's often lost in the arguments about progress. The important thing isn't to prop up old, failing industries, but we do need to acknowledge that the transition has a human impact. We should look for ways to alleviate any downsides to that.
- Reflections on Glass An excellent piece about Google Glass from Jan Chipchase. "The challenge for Glass is that the costs of ownership falls on people in proximity of the wearer, and that its benefits have yet to be proven out."
- Why we need first person technologies on the Net. A nice idea, not sure if it's quite the right term for it, but good to see people trying to name it.