April 28, 2014
Interesting Things on the Internet: Apr 28th 2014 Edition
- The Argument For Worker-Owned Tech Collectives. More people trying more company structures is a good thing(tm)
- What is the distance between hand and machine? Interesting look at the differences between craft and handmade.
- More thoughts about handcraft versus machine craft. Further thoughts from Rena Tom about the differences between craft and manufacturing. "I took time out of my day to love these drawer hardware. That’s good design."
- A follow-up to my post about the risk of the Banksy Rat being destroyed, while it's long been gone from the building, they've actually removed it and auctioned it off. Although not mentioned in that article, I think the proceeds are being donated to charity. Which is some small comfort I guess. The comments from the people selling it off are rather telling though. For all the claims about "landmark" developments, it seems that once your property is at risk of being recognised as an actual landmark, that's a "liability" for the developers.
- No Exit. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
- Inequality UK.
- Product-driven versus customer-driven. I think this explains a lot of why I struggle with lean startups and lots of the find-people-with-pain approaches. Not that it guarantees I'm not on a hiding to nothing still.
- The Logic of Stupid Poor People.