August 04, 2014
Interesting Things on the Internet: August 4th 2014
- The Internet of Things Will Ruin Birthdays. The perils of giving more control to people who want to find excuses to insert their brand into your life.
- Privacy Economics. Tim Bray showing a different (to last week's Anil Dash link) way that privacy is a grey area, and how that's good.
- A recipe for starting & prototyping new projects Good tips for life in the digital age.
- Amazon v Hachette: The enemy of your enemy is not your friend. This pretty much sums up this author's take on the Amazon/Hachette battle.
- 'Artists and makers, it's time to be leaders' From John Maeda. Indeed, otherwise we cede control to the beancounters and form-fillers...
- IFB shows Liverpool’s business needs more diversity. Laura on good form exploring how the recent business-jamboree International Festival for Business could be better when it next runs (in 2016).
And a video, Numbers, by Robert Hloz imagining a world where some people see numbers above everyone else's heads:Posted by Adrian at August 4, 2014 01:34 PM | TrackBack