March 24, 2014
Interesting Things on the Internet: Mar 24th 2014 Edition
Posted by Adrian at March 24, 2014 10:09 AM
- Gove nicked our schools and handed them to his mates I really hope that this gets properly investigated.
- A much better slide deck of rules for life than you'd (probably) get from Mr Gove ;-)
- Worse "In the last few years, Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and Twitter have all made huge attempts to move into major parts of each others’ businesses, usually at the detriment of their customers or users."
- The Invasive Valley of Personalisation. A nice term for it.
- Interesting article about how Chipotle cultivates the business culture to help performance. It's all about the people.
- Solve Hard Things Early, another good piece on management structure, etc. In particular this - "Build great habits around communication and decision-making when everyone still knows each other well." - something we've consistently struggled with at DoES Liverpool
- The Overprotected Kid - part of me wonders if we're worrying too much about how kids grow up, or alternatively going through the "in my day..." phase, but an interesting article nonetheless.
- Why Startups Should Train Their People. Expectation-setting, I think that's something I'm not very good at. Possibly because of a mixture of perfectionism and not wanting to tell people things they don't want to hear. Not that the realisation of that makes fixing it any easier...