May 19, 2014
Interesting Things on the Internet: May 19th Edition
- Spurious Correlations. Who knew that eating sour cream increases motorbike fatalities... ;-)
- Where the brick breaks: augmented humans and the Internet of things. Louisa Heinrich does a great job of pitching how we should be designing for humans in the Internet of Things.
- The Fifty-nine Story Crisis. A gripping tale of an engineer discovering a flaw in his work, and doing the right thing to fix it.
- Unseen Sensors: Constantly Sensing but Rarely Seen. Ever wondered about all those grey and beige boxes dotted around the city? You will after reading this article from Mayo Nissen
- The "Drinking Coffee and Stealing WiFi" 2012 World Tour. I love hearing about the deep thinking that really good web people (such as Aaron) do about how to work with "digital" as a material. We need more of this - both the sharing, and the sort of people doing this work.
This blog post is on the personal blog of Adrian McEwen. If you want to explore the site a bit further, it might be worth having a look at the most recent entries or look through the archives or categories over on the left.
If you want to hire my company to help you with the Internet of Things then get in touch. If you want to learn more about the Internet of Things, then buy my book Designing the Internet of Things (amazon.co.uk amazon.com).