September 25, 2013
Links... to Me... to You...
Jon Udell once said that a blog post can just be an email that you share with many people. This wouldn't quite be an email, it would've been a draft email (that's my default way of taking notes, as my email client is usually open, and it's shared to everywhere I might need it) to me so I could copy them from one operating system to another. So, a collection of random things that piqued my interest while I've been editing Designing the Internet of Things (and so hanging out in Windows rather than Ubuntu...)
- Why Satisfying Needs is Not Enough
- Stamen Design's Backchannel visualisation project
- A good post appealing for web developers to think beyond just replacing native apps from Scott Jenson
- Pocket CNC, an affordable 5-axis CNC machine
- How to boot your Raspberry Pi into a fullscreen browser kiosk (this will let us update the DoES Liverpool Doorbot)
- Cousins UK (a good source of clock parts. More on that once the project that'll need it is finished...)
- The digital touch: Craft-work as immaterial labour and ontological accumulation (academic papers are far too long and dense for my blog-post conditioned brain, so I'm not sure when/if I'll find time to read through this...)
This blog post is on the personal blog of Adrian McEwen. If you want to hire my company to help you with the Internet of Things then get in touch. If you want to learn more about the Internet of Things, my book Designing the Internet of Things is available to pre-order (amazon.co.uk amazon.com), or if you just want a beautiful IoT device, I'm CTO of Good Night Lamp.