August 31, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: August 31st 2015
- The real power of free markets: not efficiency, but innovation and dumb luck. Can we stop only chasing efficiency now please?
- How to Beat Procrastination. Not really anything new, but a timely reminder, well presented.
- Solutions don’t scale, questions do. Matt Edgar with some good tips on service- and culture-design.
- The End of the Internet Dream. I'm torn on this one, I don't believe in mass surveillance and censorship, but I also don't believe in bullying, doxxing... I guess it's that I'm against abuse of power, and that's a constant balance and struggle for society.
- "Means Well" Technology and the Internet of Good Intentions "the precise problems of pushing technology on those that you think will need it, the elderly, when it is actually you that needs it to validate the fact you’re not a terrible child to your aging parents."
- Change you can engage with. Excellent analysis of how people should be trying to encourage political change (assuming you don't want to start an actual revolution...)
- By Hand & Brain. An excellent series of essays about craft, making, and culture, from a bunch of interesting people.
August 17, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: August 17th 2015
August 10, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: August 10th 2015
August 03, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: August 3rd 2015