November 30, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: November 30th 2015
November 23, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: November 23rd 2015
November 16, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: November 16th 2015
- Why I Quit Ordering From Uber-for-Food Start-Ups "We are alive at a time when huge systems—industrial, infrastructural—are being remade, and I think it’s our responsibility as we make choices both commercial and civic—it’s just a light responsibility, don’t stress—to extrapolate forward, and ask ourselves: Is this a system I want to live inside? Is this a system fit for humans?" Not just a choice for food startups.
- I do not share your consensus, and that’s fine. Ant Miller pointing out what should be, but seems not to be, the bleeding obvious.
- Does Facebook record conversations when it identifies the things I’m listening to or watching? Basically, yes. Although I see they've updated their FAQ to make it sound less creepy.
- Communicating DND, in a nice way. Good idea, that I should be implementing.
- A blog is your brain, over time, on the internet. Perfectly put.
- Resist and Thrive. "It feels like we’ve been auto-subscribed to a newsletter that’s sending increasingly depressing emails. How do we get off this ride?"
- Increase Your Options: A talk at Digibury Weekender 2015. A good talk from Anjali about technology for good.
- Basic income: how Finland plans to implement the first nation-wide project in the EU. Interesting experiments being proposed in Finland, and this is a good summary of some of the pros/cons.
- The Trillion-Dollar Vision of Dee Hock. Really interesting piece on the organisational structure of Visa.
November 09, 2015
Interesting Things on the Internet: November 9th 2015