March 28, 2016
Interesting Things on the Internet: March 28th 2016
- Hardening my Development Machine. A secure system is like the horizon - always further away when you think you've got there. But there's lots of value in chasing after it, so it's good to see Paul sharing how he's moved on with it.
- what Thomas Hardy taught me. An excellent piece on education reform or efforts to "fix" education, and how they miss the point.
March 21, 2016
Interesting Things on the Internet: March 21st 2016
March 14, 2016
Interesting Things on the Internet: March 14th 2016
- Corbynism and Its Futures. Long interesting explanation and exploration of the state of the political left in the UK. If it's right in its assertion that "elections are almost entirely decided by the votes of a few hundred thousand swing voters in marginal constituencies", then is that an opportunity to focus attention for civic tech and/or new Internet-age institutions to help improve democracy?
- In solidarity with Library Genesis and Sci-Hub. Charging so much for access to academic publishing in the modern age is ridiculous.
- Design as Participation. Excellent proposal for how design should evolve, from Kevin Slavin.